Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Emperor of Myself Interview


1.Can you give us an introduction to the band?
1.I am Dimitris Polizos the singer and the quitarist of the band.Emperor Of Myself started as one man band in 2006.I was recording some tracks by my own as an experiment to find a musical style to follow as a band.After several demos I was working to have a better quality to our sound.It took me 6-7 years to dicide that now it s the time to go a step further to record an album and release it ,and then came our first EP ''If It Bleeds ......'' with additional help of my brother Alex ,he is the drummer of the band. The drums in the EP is program,after that Alex took the role of drummer on ''Question Your Existence'', soon we will announce a second quitarist Nick Georgiou he is helping the project from the start until now

2.You put out 2 releases in 2013, can you describe the musical sound of both albums and also how do they differ from each other?
2.The EP was recorded in November-December of 2012 and released on June 2013.As you see here we have a death metal sound songs like ''Dead Simple'' ''Steps to the Unknown'' and ''Temple Of Darkness''.The rest are a mix gothic and death .In the meanwhile we had some tracks and recorded some to make a full lenght album ''Question Your Existence'' I think is a different album this one if you compare these 2.Here we have gothic/death metal sound with deppressive black metal elements that makes it more melancholic and melodic.I like melodies in metal and as you see it comes in this album,I think these 2 releases are differ from each other.

3.Can you go more in depth about the lyrical topics, you cover with your music?
3.We describe the pain ,despair ,the loss of things in life that makes you a differ person than you are I think all the lyrics are emotional about things that we fear ,things we want to change and comes with dark feeling ,

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Emperor Of Myself'?
4.I was thinking how to name all this thing ,believe me it s something that caused a headache.One day I saw on my friend s page in internet these words ''Emperor Of Myself'' it was a click for me after a quick search I saw there s nothing with this name I decided to have this for our band.In the past we had a band named ''Solitaire'' and I was thinking to have this name again but I saw Emperor Of Myself on my friend page on details about his work strange uh?

5.Has the band done any live shows or is this strictly a studio project?
5.For now is studio project ,we can t stand at this time we speak in live show for 2 reasons, we need band members and it s a little difficult for independet and unsigned band as we are to make live show

6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
6.In these days the only thing that a label makes is to promote the CD of a band ,there are so many ways with internet you can promote your music.Many albums comes out in digital format and there are many sites like bandcamp,Amazon, iTunes ,that gives an opportunity to chase the dream of every band to make their music popular.Every one can download his music of his interest for free

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?
7.It s amazing to see how things growing up very fast.Our music in the begining was private only for some friends now I see and I get messages from all over the world about our music a quick search shows our releases where they are and that gives the power we need to create more music for all the people that love metal.But here in Greece I made some contacts in blogs and on line magazines about ''Question Your Existence'' and the only thing we get is ignorance.That makes me sad people from the rest of the world have our releases on their blogs, sites etc and here there is nothingabout us if we had a colaboration with a big band I am sure they will pay attention to us

8.I know one of the band members participates in 'Floating Nowhere' can you tell us a little bit more about this musical project?
8.Floating Nowhere came in 2012 on soundcloud.I uploaded and demo track and a few days a message came from Kai Kross the track with lyrics it was ''I ll Remember'' it was very good song with the voice of Kai makes it unique after a conversation we decided to make an album with this sound gothic/rock metal mix.I think it s a good release, we haven t talk the last months we will see if it is possible to make another album now I am focus on Emperor Of Myself

9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9.We are recording new songs for our new album will release in the middle of 2014 the music is complete we are in the lyrical part.I think is the best songs we ever recorded with Nick Georgiou on the quitar this time I am very excited with the progress of all this it s black/gothic death metal with great melodies I can t wait to finish.In the future I don t know how the things will turn we will stay metal

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10.My influences are the old Pyogenesis I like them vey much and Paradise Lost.I like very much deppresive black metal and death metal in these days i listen Woods Of Desolation and Amon Amarth I like the atmosphere in the deppresive and the melodic death metal of Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity ,Parasite Inc,

11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
11. I like very much airsoft and football. AEK is my love and it hurts a liitle to see in the 3rd Division but the tables have turned ,music is my main interest

12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
12.I want to thank first of all You for this interview and all the people that support our efforts and they give us the strenght we need to Share Our Pain stay tuned the new album is coming with the new year thank you so much every one you know who you are


Bandcamp
Facebook
SoundCloud
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment